15 September 2009 at 15:06 GMT
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park will open in spring of 2010. The announcement was made by Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy in the films). We’ll have more news soon, but for now, some goss:
- A roller coaster built around the first task of the Triwizard Tournament (thrill ride)
- A “family ride” built around Care of Magical Creatures and Buckbeak’s flight
- A revolutionary ride in the Hogwarts castle called “Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey”
- Enter the park via Hogsmeade and visit a number of shops
- Butterbeer and pumpkin juice will be sold
- A new line of ‘Potter’ merchandise will be sold
- An eleven-minute featurette with more information will be available on the ‘Half-Blood Prince’ DVD
24 August 2009 at 08:14 GMT
A very happy birthday today to Rupert Grint, who turns 21 today and plays a phenomenal role as Ron Weasley in the ‘Harry Potter’ films. Best wishes to him!
19 August 2009 at 21:38 GMT
As some of the more dedicated Harry Potter fans may know, J. K. Rowling’s official site hasn’t been updated in over a year. Now, a few minor changes have been spotted, including edited links and the title of her diary on the main page.
Perhaps these now minor changes could be hints of some more major updates to her sites. Stay tuned.
2 August 2009 at 11:34 GMT
Recently, Harry Potter Fan Zone’s own Toni and David Gras attended Azkatraz 2009, a Harry Potter symposium. An exclusive report from the event can be found below.
Read the full article.
31 July 2009 at 03:36 GMT
The 31st of July is every devout Harry Potter fan’s favourite day of the year because of two very important celebrity birthdays. A very happy birthday today to Harry Potter, who beat Lord Voldemort at his own game and made the world safe for Muggles everywhere.
Also, many warm and heartfelt wishes to Harry’s creator, J. K. Rowling. Through online Harry Potter fandoms such as HPFZ, fans worldwide are connected because of their mutual love of her books. The world feels so much smaller, and it is – thanks to her. Best wishes and thank you Jo! We hope you have an amazing and relaxing day; you definitely deserve it.
30 July 2009 at 13:26 GMT
J.K. Rowling’s official website has been updated to wish Neville Longbottom a happy birthday.