News articles tagged 'Cursed Child'
13 October 2019 at 21:35 GMT
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child will debut later this month in San Francisco, the second US and fourth worldwide location for the ‘Potter’ stage play. Today, we have our first look at the principal cast in costume.
The Potter family
- Benjamin Papac (Albus Severus Potter)
- Angela Reed (Ginny Potter)
- John Skelley (Harry Potter)
The Granger-Weasley family
- David Abeles (Ron Weasley)
- Folami Williams (Rose Granger-Weasley)
- Yanna McIntosh (Hermione Granger)
The Malfoy family
- Lucas Hall (Draco Malfoy)
- Jon Steiger (Scorpius Malfoy)
Cursed Child will begin showing at the Curran Theatre in San Francisco from 23 October. Tickets are available from the official website.
20 July 2019 at 14:52 GMT
Little, Brown Book Group (UK) and Scholastic (US) will publish a 224-page behind the scenes look at Harry Potter and the Cursed Child later this year with Cursed Child: The Journey: Behind the Scenes of the Award-Winning Production. The new publication includes previously unseen interviews, sketches, notes and stories exploring the play’s development and journey to the stage.
According to the publisher, the new book explores the play’s, ‘earliest phases of development with producers Sonia Friedman and Colin Callender, to the crafting of the eighth Harry Potter story with J.K. Rowling, director John Tiffany, and playwright Jack Thorne, and ultimately to the gathering of an extraordinary team of artists and actors who, together, bring this new part of Harry Potter’s story to life’.
19 January 2019 at 21:27 GMT
The first photos of the cast in costume from the upcoming Melbourne production of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child have been unveiled. The Australian production of Cursed Child commences at Melbourne’s Princess Theatre next month.
24 October 2017 at 05:19 GMT
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child will come to Melbourne in 2019, the play’s third location following London and New York. Playing at the Princess Theatre, dates and ticket information for the production will be revealed at a later date.
30 October 2016 at 10:17 GMT
Yates, director of the last four ‘Potter’ films, and the upcoming Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them film, commented on a possible adaptation while gearing up for ‘Beasts’ promotion.
Says the director, “there’s something unique and special keeping it as a play … it’s a shame to then say ‘Let’s turn it into a movie'”. “It’s a brave and incredibly successful way of presenting these classic characters. The guys who created it have done such a wonderful job and it’s such a different medium.”
10 February 2016 at 23:47 GMT
It’s not Book 8, but it’s the next best thing! Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling, Pottermore and publisher Bloomsbury have announced plans to publish a companion script book for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, the upcoming two-part West End play.
The “eighth Harry Potter story” will be published on July 31 of this year, and picks up from where Deathly Hallows (published in 2007) left off, nineteen years after Harry’s defeat of Voldemort.
So what’s a script book? The published book will be, “[the] version of the play script at the time of the play’s preview performances”. Ultimately, a “Special Rehearsal Edition of the script book will later be replaced by a Definitive Collector’s Edition”.
Pre-order the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child book (we’ll add more links to this list as they come online) below:
A publication schedule for additional ‘Potter’ releases was also revealed today:
- The Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets illustrated edition (with art by Jim Kay) will be released in October 2016. Presumably, this means we’ll see the Prisoner of Azkaban illustrated edition in 2017.
- A new edition of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (with new information by J.K. Rowling) will be released in 2017, to tie-in with the November 2016 cinema release.
- Full-colour illustrated editions of Fantastic Beasts, The Tales of Beedle the Bard, and Quidditch Through the Ages will be published in 2017, 2018, and 2019, respectively.
- To mark the 20th anniversary of Philosopher’s Stone, four special editions (one for each house) of the novel will be published in 2017.